At I CAN READ, we offer fun and engaging face to face Extracurricular Activity (ECA) classes which help students to improve their English literacy. Our courses are taught by experienced teachers who are native English speakers. Apart from our standard courses, the outreach courses can be tailored to specific needs of your school.
Pre-Reading: Levels 1-3
CEFR Level : Leading to A1
CIE Level: Starters
This three-part series caters to students ranging from pre-kindergarten to lower elementary.
Each book targets a variety of engaging themes, sound-related activities and stories. The contents encourage students to interact with each other in English, thus developing their vocabulacy and sentence structures in a natural context.
- Wild variety of fun topics
- Listening and speaking activities to enhance vocabulary
- Key phonological awareness activities such as: first, last and middle sound identification and blending and segmenting
Reading: Levels 1-6
CEFR Level : A1, A2 and B1
CIE Level: Movers/ Flyers/ KET/ PET
This six-part series has been specially designed for beginner to intermediate-level readers. The course uses the foundational pre-reading skills to facilitate learning. Students also utilise the I Can Read Screener and diacritical marks to ensure accurate pronunciation. Other key components of this course include: fluency, expression, pace, intonation, spelling and sentence-writing.
- A clear learning focus in each lesson with regular practice and revision
- Sound-based reading passages
- A scaffolded approach to teaching the diacritical marks
- Vocabulary development through reading
- Sound-based spelling activities
CEFR Level : B2, C1, Leading to C2
CIE Level: FCE and CAE
This practical intermediate to upper-intermediate course consists of 6 levels which are designed to nurture confidence and creativity in both written and oral expression. Each lesson develops creative and divergent thinking skills while fostering collaborative learning. There is a strong emphasis placed on reading comprehension, speaking and listening, and writing and grammar.
- Rich and lively content
- Extracts from classic children’s literature and poetry
- Clearly-defined learning intentions and success criteria in each lesson
- Controlled exercises to develop vocabulary
- Writing tasks focussing on a variety of styles, e.g. situational writing or continuous composition