I CAN READ Plus
The I CAN READ Plus programme focuses on the key English skills students need to achieve in Primary School. Our courses build on from the excellent reading platform students have gained, to target all literacy areas. Students develop understanding and confidence, in a fun interactive class setting.
The course aims to prepare young readers for Primary School. It builds upon the I CAN READ reading platform and expands English literacy.
Students learn to
Lessons will include
- Reading – both individual and group
- Comprehension – increasingly written rather than oral, including techniques on answering multiple choice questions
- Activities on Grammar/Punctuation/ Parts of Speech
- Dictionary work
- Creative Writing – sentences, paragraphs, simple stories and poetry
- Group discussions – sharing ideas and opinions and listening to others
- Listening activities – active listening for meaning
- Oral presentations – learning how to speak confidently in front of others
English: Levels 1 to 6
Empowering students to excel at Primary School and in formal exams. Targets age specific requirements following local English Curriculum standards. It helps your child develop a strong foundation in the 4 skills of Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing, whilst encouraging the love for reading and learning.
Lessons will include
Key elements from the following strands
- Writing and Representing
- Speaking and Representing – productive skills used by students for communicating their ideas through speech
- Reading and Viewing – receptive skills used by students for collecting information from written sources such as books, newspaper articles and magazines
- Listening and Viewing – receptive skills used by students for collecting information from non-written sources such as images, audio, graphics and speech
Students Learn to ...
In view of the increasing cases of Novel Coronavirus, the Education Bureau announced that all schools will extend their Chinese New Year holidays to 1st March, I Can Read will enforce the following special arrangements